There was a time when war was fought by two regular armies on battlefields. That time is over. In Afghanistan ’11, you command the 2011 US military operations where killing the enemy is only your secondary mission.
A Counter-Insurgency Game
Conventional military tactics won’t win you the war in Afghanistan. You will need to focus your efforts and resources on winning the hearts and minds of the local population. Provide security to civilians, persuade local tribes to reject the Taliban, destroy opium fields and build waterworks and roads as you ready the troops to hand over control of Afghanistan to the Afghanistan National Army.
Intense Strategic Game Play
Every decision and move you make matters. One simple incident during routine patrols can be enough to ruin your relationships with locals and damage your image in the Western newspapers. Patience and good use of technology can give you the decisive advantage in this merciless hide and seek game.
- An intense 18 battle campaign covering the iconic Afghan war operations from establishing Camp Rhino to the Bin Laden Raid (Neptune Spear)
- Full nation building module, where you affect the hearts and minds of the local population through non-military means (constructing infrastructure and delivering UNICEF aid)
- Command the American and the Afghanistan National Army during ground and air operations
- Full range of modern military units including artillery, mechanized and infantry units, engineers, helicopters, etc
- Special forces including sniper and forward air controller actions, offering you plenty of tactical options
- Drones, multi-role fighters and ground-attack aircraft are available to help you to spot and eliminate enemy units
- Random social and political events – like Afghanistan National elections – affecting the balance of power in the Afghan theatre
- Upgradeable bases that offer better support to your soldiers and military vehicles