Take a look at our 2011 Paint Splatter Surface Effect Demo:
- Mouse click / Drag – Paint on surface
- R – Reset
- Any renderable object can act as a brush, by default particles are used.
- Paint effect based on particles, any way a a particle can be moved, the paint will spread.
- Approximated/Implicit paint physics, paint slides down walls, drips off roofs and pools on floors.
- Per surface control over paint color, paint fade time, paint resolution, camera dimensions.
- Flat surfaces only, preferably Unity Planes or similar geometry (see example), Unity planes can be scaled to increase size.
- One paint colour per surface.
Let us know what you thought of the demo in the comments. If you liked it, share it with your friends!