Based in Cape Town, South Africa
Become a real hero in the brand new digital version of the award-winning fire-rescue themed board game, Flash Point Fire Rescue. Command your skilled squad of highly trained fire-fighters through the hazards of a building set ablaze and rescue the men, women and animals trapped inside. Careful strategizing will be key to your success as you respond to the unpredictable nature of the flames. The smoke is spreading rapidly, fires are raging and explosions wrack the building. Are you willing to risk damaging the building structure to create a direct route to what could be a false alarm? Is it wise to open that bedroom door with smoke filling the room? Should you put out the smoke in this room or rush past the fire to what you think is a victim of the flames? It's all up to you and lives are on the line, depending on the decisions you make. Flash Point Fire Rescue is a turned-based strategy game where every move and decision you make matters. Your squad is made up of specially trained fire-fighters. Make the most of each turn using limited action points and specialised abilities, as you move through the burning building, extinguish smoke and fires and rescue victims from the flames.
One of the highest rated games on BoardGameGeek, Flash Point Fire Rescue was originally KickStarted by Indie Board and Cards in 2011. The game came with two modes of play, basic and expert. In both variants, players attempt to rescue 7 to 10 victims from a raging building fire on one of the two house layouts on each side of the board. As players attempt to rescue victims, the fire spreads to other areas of the building causing structural damage and possibly blocking pathways through the building. Each turn a player may spend action points to try and extinguish fires, move through the building, move victims out of the building or perform their special actions. If 4 victims perish in the blaze or the building collapses from taking too much structural damage, the game is lost. The expert variant includes extra challenges such as fire flash overs, combustible materials, random setup and variations on the game difficulty from novice to heroic.
- The board game you already know and love - now digital!
- Play the game solo or with friends online!
- Two houses and plenty of victims to rescue from the flames.
- No more hassling with set up - the game is ready to play when you are!
- Beautiful artwork and animation bring your favourite game to life.
- 8 different fire fighters - each with their own specialist abilities - to choose from.
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Flash Point: Fire Rescue. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Seal of Excellence" Dice Tower
- "2011 Best Game Theme" Dice Tower
- "2011 Best Game Designer" Dice Tower
- "2012 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee" BoardGameGeek
- "2012 Golden Geek Best Thematic Board Game Nominee" BoardGameGeek
- "2012 Hra Roku Nominee" BoardGameGeek
- "2014 Juego del Ano Finalist" BoardGameGeek
- "2013 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee" BoardGameGeek
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About RetroEpic Software
RetroEpic is a game development studio based in Cape Town, South Africa.
More information on RetroEpic Software, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue Credits